1) What is your current obsession?
2) What are you wearing today?
3) What's for dinner?
Haven't thought of that yet - likely a spinach salad with chopped chicken, olives, gorgonzola and a balsamic dressing.
4) What would you eat for your last meal?
A juicy Midwestern steak, rice and lots of vodka.
5) What's the last thing you bought?
Seasons 1-3 of Absolutely Fabulous and the entire
6) What are you listening to right now?
Rain and wind blowing through the 100-200 year old trees outside - with the birds chirping as they bathe
7) What do you think of the person who tagged you?
Lou reminds me of who I would like to be if I was a woman - a strong, self-assured female with a love of friends, good times and family.
8) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
9) If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I'd love to be back in
10) Which language do you want to learn?
11) What's your favorite quote (for now)?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death" - Auntie Mame
12) What is your favourite colour?
I'd have to say purple, if pushed.
13) What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
A black cotton turtleneck sweater (jumper) that I can only wear when it's freezing outside.
14) What is your dream job?
To be a singer.
15) What's your favourite magazine?
This Old House
16) If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?
Top shelf booze
17) What are you going to do after this?
Entertain our good friend and watch the Isaac Mizrahi train wreck fashion show series on TV
18) What are your favourite films?
All about Eve, Enchanted April, The Women, Dinner at Eight, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Marnie
19) What's your favourite fruit?
20) What inspires you?
21) Your favourite books?
A Confederacy of Dunces and anything by Edith Wharton or P.G. Wodehouse.
22) Do you collect anything?
Not anymore - I've run out of room. Anybody want to buy some inexpensive black amethyst Depression Glass? I have a LOT.
23) What are you currently reading?
The latest in the 'Wicked' series about the Cowardly Lion - although I must admit, I'm a bit confused and want to re-read the first two.
24) Go to your book shelf, take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first line:
"Sam - then called Samson Hunts Alone - stood over the carcass of the mule deer he had just shot, cradling the heavy Winchester .30-30 in his arms" - Coyote Blue, by Christopher Moore
25) By what criteria do you judge a person?
Honesty, intellect, judgment - but most of all, sense of humor and of the ridiculousness of life.
Sadly, Lou has already tagged the few meager folk I'd consider worth reading. So I will think upon whom else I shall tag.
But among our shared blogging compatriots, I'd choose to tag:
Bob - at I should be laughing
Edder - at I don't care for your tone
Because I love them...
Cheers for now- xoxo