Monday, October 29, 2012

Hunkerin' down

Well, kids - it's a little crazy around here today.  This windy cow is getting closer to landfall and I'm already hearing reports about trees coming down near here.  

The streets are empty except for a few kids on bikes.  There's a pretty steady wind blowing - lots of heavy gusts.

It's a weird feeling to have to sit and wait, knowing what's coming.  I kind of prefer the surprise factor of earthquakes and tornadoes over this.  It's kind of like someone telephoning you ahead of time to tell you that they will be dropping by later on to fire some bullets at you.

Anyway, we're provisioned up, battened down and safe and sound for the duration.

Stay safe and see you soon!

Update: 
Oh good.  

Now the Hurricane of 2012 will go down in our neighbor's memory as the night my drunk gay husband scared the fuck out of her by beating on her window to invite her for dinner.

Oy vey.

4 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

Dayummmn!

Hope everything goes ok.

DuPree said...

Thanks, babe.

We're pretty good to go here!

Biki said...

Good luck! I hope you come thru the hurricane unscathed.

Cubby said...

I'm sorry, I feel terrible, but after reading your update I can't stop laughing!